I am the WORST football fan. Let’s just be real. I’m not much of a sport TV watcher in general. The situation becomes more bleak when the game lasts more than two hours. I just can’t concentrate or sit still that long! Now sport outings or parties… count me in! My favorite games to celebrate are of course my Alma Mater’s games. Fight On Trojans! However, the Super Bowl definitely comes in a close second. I love any excuse to be a little rowdy, eat delicious food, enjoy a few cold beverages, and pretend like I have a clue what’s going on on the field.
I know what you’re thinking. Does she really eat all that game-day food?? Well, yes, and no. Whether I’m hosting or not, I always bring healthy snacks to share and munch on. Ladies and gents, healthy does not mean boring or flavorless! I have just as much fun munching on quinoa pizza bites (would anyone like this recipe??) and hummus. Plus, my yummy snacks don’t come with a side of indigestion, bloating, or belly aching!
This year I decided to recreate a recipe I found on Pinterest that caught my eye – Salt & Vinegar Zucchini Chips! I loved salt and vinegar chips as a kid. The crunchy, salty, & slightly sour combination makes my mouth water. I’ve created a baked version of this snack with regular potatoes before, but this recipe really kicks mine in the butt! It’s lower in carbs and calories, and much higher in nutrients. This is the type of snack where ‘eating the whole bag’ can be considered a good thing!
Sea Salt & Vinegar Zucchini Chips
2-3 large zucchinis
2 tbsp olive oil
2-3 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
Pink Himalayan sea salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F.
- Slice zucchini into as thin of rounds as possible and place in a big bowl.
- Whisk oil and vinegar together in a small bowl.
- Pour oil and vinegar over the zucchini. Toss together until zucchini is fully coated.
- Cover a baking sheet with tin foil or parchment paper and spray with cooking spray. Lay zucchini evenly on the pan.
- Bake in the oven for 2-3 hours, rotating on the hour.
- Take chips out of the oven and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Let cool slightly and eat or store in an airtight container!
Health and happiness,