The best part of October? Well other than it being my birthday month, the excuse to eat more chocolate (and cake… or chocolate cake)!
Unfortunately, most store-bought Halloween treats are filled with artificial ingredients, tons of extra sugar, and trans fats up the wazoo!
Homemade Snickers bars are great – if you have two extra hours to spare to food process and an extra paycheck to buy all the necessary ingredients. Stop the discrimination! I believe busy girls should also be able to enjoy healthier homemade sweets too.
So, I came up with a delicious and healthy Halloween (or anytime) dessert recipe that only looks like it took lots of effort!
It’s blood, no guts, no brains, no raspberry topping!! You’re going to love sinking your teeth into this Ozzing Dark Chocolate Raspberry Mug Cake. Made with simple ingredients and in less than 5 minutes, it’s a no mess, no stress, no junk way to get in the Halloween spirit! And, even though the raspberry is supposed to look like human insides, it looks totally elegant. So keep this gluten-free, grain-free, high protein recipe in your back pocket for date night, girls night, and to satisfy a sweet tooth.
Oozing Dark Chocolate Raspberry Mug Cake
1/2 mashed banana
1 tbsp melted coconut oil
1/4 cup egg whites or 1 egg
1/2 scoop vanilla or chocolate protein powder
3 tbsp almond flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder (I used Hershey’s Special Dark)
Stevia to taste (optional)
1 tbsp semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
1/2 cup raspberries
- Combine all wet ingredients in one bowl. Combine all dry ingredients in a separate bowl, except chocolate chips and raspberries.
- Slowly stir the dry ingredients into the wet until fully combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spray a mug with coconut oil cooking spray. Pour batter into the mug.
- Microwave for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center of the cake.
- Let cool for 2 to 5 minutes. Quickly turn the cup upside down onto a plate. The mugcake should easily fall out.
- Microwave the raspberries in a microwave safe dish. Add in stevia if desired.
- Pour raspberry topping over mug cake. Enjoy!