*All of the brands featured have not sponsored this post. These are my opinions, alone. I have not received payment of any form to feature these products on my page.
What supplements do you take? It seems to be one of the most popular questions I get asked as a personal trainer. I think a lot of people think that there must be some magical combination of over the counter remedies that will create instant results. Well, let me be the one to tell you. Unfortunately, there is not special potion to weight loss, muscle gain, increased energy, better sleep, or whatever your health concerns may be. However, I do believe that some supplements AID these results in addition to a healthy diet and regular fitness regimen. Can they speed up the results? Sometimes. But they themselves do not deliver a ‘perfect body’ or productivity super powers in a package.
Well, without further ado. I wanted to share with you some of the supplements I have found to help in my fitness progress and overall well being to help you find what’s right for your body. Remember, no body is the same, so each of your supplement needs will be different. However, I do think the supplements I am mentioning below can be beneficial for the majority of people
- This superfood green-blue algae is 65% protein and contains all essential amino acids.
- It contains the essential fatty acid gamma linolenic acid (GLA) which has been raved about for its anti-inflammatory properties (taking an additional Omega-3 supplement, like Fish Oil (see below), increases this benefit).
- Spirulina contains some Omega 3-,6 and 9s.
- This baby is loaded with Chlorophyll which helps remove toxins from the blood and boost the immune system.
- It has a high concentration of bio-available iron making it an excellent supplement for those living an active lifestyle, during pregnancy, and for those with anemia.
- The list goes on! It contains vitamins B-1(thiamine), B-2 (riboflavin), B-3(nicotinamide), B-6 (pyridoxine), B-9 (folic acid), vitamin C, vitamin D, vitamin A and vitamin E.
- Wait it doesn’t stop there! It also contains potassium, calcium, chromium, copper, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, selenium, sodium and zinc.
- Its high antioxidant levels help rid your body of free radicals.
- It has over 26 times more calcium than milk!
- It contains beta-carotene which can reduce cancer risk and increase vision.
- It helps your body create flora like lactobacillus and bifidobacteria in your digestive tract to promote healthy digestion and keep things regular.
- Last but not least, Spirulina can help increase fat burn during exercise.
- B-12 is an essential part of converting carbs to glucose in the body. Glucose is responsible for our energy levels, endurance, and performance during physical activity.
- This vitamin aids in nervous system function – reduces depression, stress, and helps brain activity.
- B-12 helps with digestion health.
- It can decrease unhealthy cholesterol levels reducing the likelihood for strokes and other chronic diseases caused by high-blood pressure.
- It aids in cell reproduction and skin renewalI. In other words, it keeps skin glowing, hair shiny, and nails growing!
- The vitamin may help to protect against cancers including breast, colon, lung, and prostrate.
- L-Carnitine is created in the body to help the body use fat stores as energy.
- It can increase fat burn during and after exercise.
- It helps remove toxic substances out of the body.
- Taking L-Carnitine has been shown to improve brain function including improving memory, motor function and hinder the onset of diseases such as Alzheimer’s and dementia.
- It can help with depression.
- It is an essential nutrient for proper heart health and function.
- Some studies have shown that those with hyperthyroid (an overactive thyroid gland) have found some reduction in symptoms by taking L-carnitine. Symptoms included anxiousness, nervousness, insomnia and a racing heart.
- It aids in digestion and keeps things regular.
- L-Glutamine helps to protect the digestive tract lining.
- It may help promote mental alertness including improvements in mood and memory.
- This supplement can help boost immune function and help fight infection.
- It has been shown to decrease sugar cravings because it aids in glucose utilization which helps keep blood sugar levels under control.
- L-Glutamine can help your muscles recover quicker after exercise and it contributes to protein synthesis and muscle gain and retention in athletes.
- It is part of more metabolic processes than any other amino acid!
- Fish Oil’s benefits come from it’s high Omega 3 content. Omega 3 benefits include:
- It helps regulate your body’s inflammation cycle preventing conditions like arthritis, prostatitis, cystitis.
- It’s Omega 3’s can help slow the body’s aging process by lengthening telomeres (small DNA segments in white blood cells that shorten over time as the result of aging).
- It helps reduce the risk of cardiac diseases and stroke.
- Fish Oil can help boost immune system function
- It can help relieve depression, sadness, anxiety, restlessness, mental fatigue, stress, decreased sexual desire, suicidal tendencies and other nervous disorders.
- It can improve hair and skin’s feel and appearance.
- Feeling slow? Fish Oil helps improve brain function.
- It decreases the risk of osteoporosis by helping increase bone mineral density. (Weight lifting is also great for this!)
- It can increase weight loss when participating in exercise.
- It can improve blood circulation.
- If you live in a place with a lot of air pollution, it may help protect against adverse cardiac and lipid effects associated with air pollution exposure
- Fish Oil helps decrease joint pain.
On Instagram?! Stay up to date with my journey at eminspandex.